Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ref 9000 CSE, 2.3t, 1996. I have a problem whereby at about 80MPH (not that i ever drive that fast!)the steering becomes less precise and the car suffers from a judder. I have had the wheels balanced yet there was precious little improvement. As the speed increases the judder seems to get worse. before i start ripping bits of and replacing them, anyone got any ideas what i should look at first?

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Further notes...the high speed judder can be virtually eliminated by applying a lateral force...turning the wheel slightly, so there is some 'play' in a bush or joint somewhere!!!!

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Still need help chaps........

Steering is showing definite camber steer when in the straight ahead position although there is no appreciable play at the wheel. Lightness and wandering at high speeds corrected only by lateral force, i.e. turning the wheel slightly. Bump steer in straight ahead position...the slightest breeze or road bump needs steeribg correction and the same judder above 80 MPH.
i have balanced the wheels and swapped rear to front......HELP before i start ripping bits off!!!!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts