Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
9000 CSE 2.3t(ECO)120K. A few problems that have manifest themselves over the past few weeks......
1. Tick-over is very 'lumpy' and not stable, the revs rising and dripping by a few 100 rpm?
2. Tick over has started to rise and fall quite substantially to maybe 2000 rpm, then drop to 600, say, then normal at 800, a few seconds later it will rise and fall again?
3. Acceleration is good, however if i hold the throttle just slightly open on the over-run, or pulling forwards, the engine is incredibly lumpy with a lot of misfires.
Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.
Alun

·
Registered
14,305 Posts
Alun,

The idling problems sound like they could be caused by a sticking AIC valve, which you can clean yourself. Follow the procedure on Bill Jones' site here .

Misfiring is an indication of a problem with the DI cassette- the best way of proving this is to borrow a known good one and try it.

In the first instance I would clean the AIC valve and see what the results are.

HTH

Mark

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
many thanks, i will have a go later today, however the one area that is baffling is the misfiring and rough running when the throttle is just marginally open. Fuller throttle gives good smooth acceleration, no misfires at all, No throttle gives smooth running (apart from previous problem) it only happens when a very small amount of throttle is applied? apply 1/4" of throttle and the engine misfires badly, 1/2" throttle and there is no problem?????

Alun

1 - 4 of 4 Posts