Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys sorry i posted somethin about this ages ago but hav been on holiday so couldnt get to it n now the topic has gone! when i took my 9000cse into the radio shop they said i couldnt fit another radio because of the saab (clarion) amplifier. what can i do to connect another brand of head unit?? thanks
jack

·
Registered
355 Posts
You don't say which year but if it has an amp, then it sounds the same as my anniversary was.
If it has the standard connectors, then you can bypass the amp (modern head units are all-in-one).

Turn off ignition

Whip out the radio and have a look, there should be a couple of rectangular plugs (about 30x15 mm) in the back of the unit and another plugged into a socket on the wiring.
The plugs have offset clips on them so you cannot plug the wrong one into the wrong hole.
Once it's all unplugged, plug the relevant connectors into the matching sockets on the new head unit.
Fitting mine took about 5 mins.

Disclaimer - all at your own risk (If a previous owner has completely bu**ered up the wiring then you could blow a fuse or worse)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.