Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner

9000 CSE LPT UK Models RESTRICTED?

3K views 13 replies 8 participants last post by  Andy Bowles 
#1 ·
Heard that the UK models of the above cars is factory restricted in BHP and can be unrestricted to attain more BHP? Any views if this is correct and how one may de-restrict this space shuttle to fly!

#3 ·
I think, but stand to be corrected, that the 9000 LPT doesn't have an intercooler or any APC functions and is therefore limited to low boost. By adding the intercooler and associated pipework from a full turbo, and raising the boost limit by means of a pressure relief valve you can liberate plenty more horsies at reasonable cost. Alternatively, check out some of the Swedish tuning companies who offer Abbott style products at an absolute fraction of the cost, but yes, we can do discounted Abbott stuff if necessary.

Julian

#6 ·
I believe it was the '94 on models which had the Intercoooler fitted to the LPT models.

Abbot do an upgrade chip which takes power from 150BHP to around 190BHP for approx £400. Cheapest mod I have seen.

Saab did release the 2L LPT's with 185BHP standard in some markets like Italy.

#7 ·
I enquired about upgrading my 1997 9-3 LPT. (I later sold the car, so didn't go ahead). But I found a couple of places where the power could be taken to 230 hp with a chip change. These places have a good reputation; cost was about £450. One of them, I recall, was Swedish. Sorry, no longer have names / websites but someone might be able to trace the thread (about 6 months ago).

#8 ·
If anyone is interested, I had over a grands worth of mods done at Abbotts recently,and I haggled a 20 percent discount, and they also knocked over 200 quid off the trionic . I negotiated that Trionic price first, after all it is only a couple of hours work, then the discount on more work that I then put to them. Hope this can twist one or two arms to enquire!!
Cheers,
Andy Bowles
94 9000 2.3T

#14 ·
Roger/.
CAT bypass costing only 40 quid, and wastegate actuator work planned will only happen if cheap enough.
True, spent fair bit recently, but only in realation to money left over by getting the car over a grand cheaper than what I budgeted for etc...

Cheers,Andy

ps; did I hear you are of to sunnier climes ??

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.