Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
about two weeks ago my 1995 9000 CSE 2.3 full blown turbo started to make a noise which can only be described as the noise Airwolf used to make ( hope most people remember Airwolf ) A quick glance at the boost gauge and it seems to be when the needle is in the vertical position and goes off when almost max. boost is achieved There is no smoke of any colour from the exhaust. Any help or reassurance would be appreciated

·
Registered
11,343 Posts
Ian, I can remember the theme tune to airwolf! For those who don't recall take a look at http://www.airwolf.org/ - and remember there was a rival series called "Blue Thunder" where the helicopter could be switched onto "silent mode".

Well, that doesn't help at all. Derek...? Adrian...?

/john

·
Registered
2,599 Posts
Hard to say really. Check all hose connections and vacuum tubes. Take particular care checking the three tubes from the selonoid valve to the turbo/wastegate capsule/intake tube. Check operation of the dump valve. Check amount of radial play and end float on the turbo shaft. Could take turbo off and check that turbine blades are not m/c'ing the housing (mine were because there was a crack around the wastegate which had 'lifted' the metal.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts