Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, just come back to Saab after a few years. Great to be back in one after a series of company cars. I bought a 93 CS Turbo hatch last week and I am wondering whether it is possible to add body kits to emulate the Aero or Anniversary?

·
Registered
159 Posts
Hey! Welcome back to Saab. If I'm not mistaken, your car sounds like a FPT, but what is the displacement? I believe they had the DI 2.3 in 1993, but they also had a 2.0 litre version. So for engine figures, etc. you need that. As far as body kits, yes you can buy Aero kits. Basically the only cosmetic difference between the standard CS models and the Aero is the lower panels (on CS and CSE models these are grey/black depending on how your car ages, and on Aeros these are body colored) and the trim (on CS/CSE's these are black with a strip of chrome imbedded. On Aeros the strip is black, not chrome.) Aeros also have a tail-mounted spoiler which is typically painted body color. You might check the Saabscene Classifieds, you could post a wanted add for these.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You are correct, my car is a 2.3 FPT. Thanks for the info on the Aero, I will post a wanted ad as you suggest. My car has a black rubber bootlid spoiler, is the Aero one the same but painted or is it of different material?

·
Registered
159 Posts
I am under the assumption that the Aero spoiler is the same, other than it is primed and painted body color just like the lower panels. Saab also sells another spoiler that I've seen, I believe it is standard on Carlsson models. This one is body color and sits about 1" above the decklid.

·
Registered
14,305 Posts
Hi and welcome to Saabscene

The Aero and rubber spoilers are different- you can't reliably paint rubber, I presume the Aero is fibreglass or other such similar material.

There are no OEM body kits for the CS. In order to make a regular CS look like an Aero or Anniversary, you would need to change bumper panels etc.

Keep it as it is, and you have a much more discrete "sleeper"

HTH

1 - 5 of 5 Posts