Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been searching for an 9000 aero upto £3500 for about 3 weeks now, and they all seem to have been sold !! So decided to go and have a look at the above car, Not what I want, but it might do for a while. It has 158,000 miles, but full history, with all the bells and whistles, anything I should look out for ? as not very mechanically minded !

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Went to look at the 9000 CDE 2.3 FPT Auto, Immaculate body work, full history, from 100,000 miles to present, including all bills, but is missing the original saab service book, although the owner says he just cant find it at the moment, but will look again.

Bad points, It felt so sluggish, the APC would only go half way into the yellow, and between 50 - 70 mph it took 8 seconds, with kick down, is this normall ? the only thing I noticed was on the computer, every time you engadged kick down there would be "check radiator"

Would this stop the car from performing, Seriously, a n/a 2.0 litre car would have been quicker.

·
Registered
865 Posts
if it dont feel right walk away,there are plenty more saabs to look at.take your time it will be worth waiting to get a good one.my present cse lpt is at 202,700 mls/ i bought it at 170,000 mls at a good price cause dealers cant sell at this mileage/he even said that this would only be bought by a saab person/he rates saab very highly/ so look for fsh,and give it the welly when you test it ....you will know if it is for you. best of luck.

·
Registered
11,343 Posts
Originally posted by turkish:
[qb]...but is missing the original saab service book, although the owner says he just cant find it at the moment, but will look again. [/qb][/b]
How come? I am rubbish at paperwork/administration ...except for the cars. Each one has it's own boxfile with all the relevant stuff - I am quite fastidious about it. Sloppy on the paperwork, sloppy on care of vehicle, perhaps??

·
Registered
2,886 Posts
Check Radiator simply indicate that the level in the headet tank is low and you will tend to get it if the tank is getting low and you cause the water in the header tank to surge (by going round a corner etc). However if the car has been run with a low water level (i,e, with the light on all the time) then there is a possibility that the turbo has not been cooled properly.

As zep says... take your time, shop round. a full service history is very important especially with an older FPT.

Our 2.3 FPT CSE Auto flies when it kicks down (pushes you back into the seat)... so yes I'd say there was something wrong with it.

Steve

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Cheers, for the replies.

He says he has lost the original service book, so I am just going to walk away,

Going to see a 9000 Aero 94 L tonight, 130,000 miles, manual, what sort of price should I be looking to pay ?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.