Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What should I pay for an 89 black 9000 Carlsson with 217K miles, well maintained but no Saab history, showing a bit of rust around the edges, please. What should I look out for?

·
Registered
2,599 Posts
Sorry for the delay. Check out Parkers price guide. Remember the Carlsson isnt that much more than a turbo with lower suspension, body kit and and 10bhp more (depending on model year). If you dont do your own repair work then they can be very costly to run and parts even second hand are not cheap. Think carefully before you buy. If its done 200+ miles it will be tired unless its had plenty of money spent on new suspension, brakes, steering, turbo, head gasket, Di unit etc. I would offer something a lot lower then the asking price (like half) and see what happens.
Adrian

·
Registered
8,948 Posts
I don't have one, but my local non franchised dealer has sold 4 and services 3 of them still (one was an auto).
I nearly bought their first one as a replacement for my 900 Carlsson, but missed it and ended up buying the CS aero they got in 3 months later.

Offord motors had one for sale last month, 65,000 miles, £6250 1992 CS Carlsson and also a 92 900 Carlsson 115,000m £8000

Makes me think I should have never sold my 900 Carly

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
Probably means it had been test-driven by the moderator of this forum ;-)

---
wrighar said ...

Saw another today in Norwich with a broken nose (broken osf headlight, indicator, and towing point

·
Registered
8 Posts
as the proud owner of a 92 carlsson 2:3 turbo
go for one with full service history by saab
only then will you have peace of mind

they are superb cars

once you have bought one go to abbott racing
you will not be dissapointed

·
Registered
67 Posts
The last contributor made a comment about taking your Carlsson to Abbot Racing; I'm in the process of acquiring a Carlsson and understand that Abbott Racing can carry out some modifications fairly cheaply that do wonders for the handling. Has anyone any comments on this? Also, the car I've seen has a badly faded spoiler and rear boot decor panel. Presumably the spoiler can be sprayed quite easily and cheaply. Is it practical just to remove the decor panel or is it better to replace it?

·
Registered
2,599 Posts
Can remove decor panel (I did for about 18 months). You need a metal strip though that covers across the width of the boot (talking CD Carlsson here), it hides the numberplate lights and provides a handle.
Got a new decor panel from the Spares weekend for approx. £60.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
having just bought and sold another Carlsson I was suprised in the amount of people after one I sold a 88 f reg with 178,000miles for £2.400
I didnt even advertise it..the one I bought 1990 one owner with 52.000miles on had about 6 people after it...one guy offered £500 more than the asking price without seeing it...I got it tho thanks to the petrol shortage.....for £4000.00
this is my 5th 9000 and my second Carlsson...spend a few bob @ Abbott or Trent Saab..Get it set on a rolling road..go and scare a few people.....what did someone say before just a 9000 with lowered suspension and 10 bhp more...lol.......get one and see

·
Registered
67 Posts
I was chasing that 52K mile Carlsson and offerd to buy it unseen on the morning that you went to see it; have just bought one with 77k on the clock and FSSH so I'm not too bitter! Have acquired a new panel decor for £85.00 plus vat from 2-Stroke.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Im glad you go one sorted out Finlay, what did you manage to get? this one is a good one, but has a few faults most of which are because the last few repairs haven't been sorted by a Saab man...back to the garage monday should see the last of them...I hope

·
Registered
2,599 Posts
this is my 5th 9000 and my second Carlsson...spend a few bob @ Abbott or Trent Saab..Get it set on a rolling road..go and scare a few people.....what did someone say before "just a 9000 with lowered suspension and 10 bhp more...lol.......get one and see".

That was me and its true, I have got one! Now if you spend a few bob (bet it was more like a £1000+) at Abbott thats different. Could spend a lot less and do it yourself though. I'll let you know after I get my water injection sorted.

1 - 20 of 75 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.