Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello people I went to Trax (boy racer) car show the other week and took my 9000 Carlsson with some Abbott mods and managed to get a 6.9 sec 0-60 another couple of runs and could of got it down to early 6's not bad for such a heavy car.

All the best.

·
Registered
5,925 Posts
Is that a 2.0 or a 2.3?

Think the standard 0-60 for the 2.3 Carly is over 7 seconds (if you can stop the wheels spinning )

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Over here in the states boy racers, for the most part, aren't familliar with Saabs. Which is a blessing and a curse. Saab could certainly use the money they might spend on them to fund even "cooler" cars. But to be honest I'd rather not be associated with most of that crowd. In my city I've been forcing onto many of them a little well earned respect. Numerous boy racers, in everything from "tuned" Hondas to "suped" WRX's, have found out the hard way that toying with a $36,000+ Saab is probably not in their best interests.

I remember one peticular WRX owner who was a friend of mine. Perhaps the whizzy g-tech cannot detect wheel hp, or accelleration times accurately. But whether it is or is not accurate, I'm certain it can indeed tell more from less. He was very very unhappy that the $3,000 he spent on engine upgrades did not bring him more horsepower than a stock Saab. He was about 30 horses shy of the Viggen that night. In fact I took him for a ride in my Saab that same night, and within a month or so he had sold his WRX for a new BMW M3. At least this time it's European.

Anyway, low 6's from 0-60 in a Carlsson isn't bad, in fact it isn't bad at all. If the g-tech is anywhere near accurate, you're up there with my stock Viggen, and possibly surpassing it. Kudos!

·
Registered
4,895 Posts
Originally posted by Kev Mc:
[qb]Is that a 2.0 or a 2.3?

Think the standard 0-60 for the 2.3 Carly is over 7 seconds (if you can stop the wheels spinning     ) [/qb][/b]
Kev, low 6's is possible with decent tyres and poly bushes.

·
Registered
722 Posts
and after the low six run you need a new clutch and gearbox rebuild............

Seriously though, I would have thought the Carly is well in that kind of time. The acceleration is painful in 1st IF you can get it down......

·
Registered
8,948 Posts
Hmmm,

My Carly's back on song now (after it's poor showing at the EARR) it's a little cooler and the Scaero's cat been taken off and the bypass refitted.

Boosting to the end of the red again unless the temp goes over half way.

Andrew
having much fun on Yokohama's...

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It's a later shape 2.3 Turbo Kev MC, The main problem was traction spinning in first, second and in third a little, unfortunately there was no
1/4 mile timing just a 0-60 sprint, a few more runs and would of been able to better the time but the queue was too long!

All the Best.

Paul.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts