Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
Saab 9000 2.3 Turbo Anniversary, 1998. 125000 miles, dark blue, beige leather, Automatic.
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 125K 9000 ,98 ,full turbo broke down last night. Stop,started over a few miles before finally packing up. Strange thing was t;the instrument display stopped registering whilst the car was still running over those few troublesome miles. If it was the coil pack would this be a symptom? If not; any relays I should check? Failed fuses? I have had to replace a coil pack on a previous 9000 if it's necessary.
The AA will get to it later this afternoon so I'll report back .Grateful for any comments.
John

·
Registered
Saab 9000 2.3 Turbo Anniversary, 1998. 125000 miles, dark blue, beige leather, Automatic.
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
A helpful AA mechanic diagnosed a fault in the ignition switch causing a loss of connection when the key is turned. I've given it a good spray with WD40 which seems to have helped. It's only failing now very intermittently and the display shows so I know the engine is going to start! I've dropped it off at my local garage to get the ignition connections looked at . I'll report back with any more information from them.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts