Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5,925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've never seen this one before, can't make my mind up whether it's over the top or just an awesome beast...

I suppose it is over the top, but I still would not say no. This is a 340,000km 9000
from Finland.

This is the text on the car "Your Name: Jarno
Model/Year: Saab 9000 CC 2.0T 1985
Mileage: 340 000 km
Engine: 2.0T tuned
Tyres: 225/40 ZR18 Pirelli P7000
Alu-Wheels: Kosei Seneca Sport 7x18"
Other: Self-made bodykit, Erebuni Shogun wing,
M3-mirrors, H&R springs, Bilstein dampers, self-made exhaust system
and much more!
The car is again under construction. Info will be updated next spring.
Coming up:
LH-jetronic and old ignition system will be replaced to ProSpark direct
ignition ja injection system with 8 injectors 400cc/min. New turbo Holset H1D/E with external Eskilstuna wastegate. For these
there's coming new exhaust manifold, stainless steel 3" exhaust system
and all new turbo and IC-pipes, all custom made. New big intercooler (from Scania maybe, I'm not sure where it's
from).Needs some mods to fit in. New camshafts are also in mind (maybe Catcams or a pair from Swedish
Dynamics). Stronger clutch.
"

Found it at SaabCarsOnline

Quite like the awesome looking 9-3 on the front page too!

·
Registered
8,216 Posts
Does he know the kids with the 900/9-3 hybrid thingy that turned up at the Abbott track day?

Sorry, but that sort of thing does nothing for me. I notice he lists the engine as "2.0T tuned", with no indication of performance and a wish-list of performance upgrades. Sounds typical of the "Max Power" brigade who more often list their modifications than their performance specs.

Handywork looks good, though. A well-executed ridiculous eyesore

·
Registered
722 Posts
Have to agree with Bill J.........
Although I have just spent £200 on max power boy racer ABS plastic add-ons. Its a huge spoiler.

In reality its a bloody luggage box that fits on roof bars.
The better half has been bugging me to get one for ages.............
At least its dark grey to match the car.............

·
Registered
4,895 Posts
Very similar bodykit to the one I saw fitted to a CS in Nottingham. As Bill say's it's probably yet another sheep in wolfs clothing. What's wrong with the Carlsson bodykit though? Obviously not "extreme" enough for one particular owner.

Still, it's a better attempt than the "pink thing" seen on ebay recently.

·
Registered
4,895 Posts
Nice Talladega (Carlsson in UK) on there though.
Modified Talladega

I like the black alloys with red trim, although the "racing" moniker is a bit sad, if I'd had the money to spend on the Carlsson I would've gone for some black 3-spokes with red trim. I believe Enkei sell such a wheel in Japan, not seen them for sale over here.

·
Registered
8,216 Posts
Originally posted by Jason (Mr Torque-Steer):
[qb]Nice Talladega (Carlsson in UK) on there though.[/qb][/b]
That looks much better, but would look even better without those wheels. I'm afraid that when it comes to styling, I reckon the guys who work for Saab have more of an idea than some boy-racer who reads the Swedish equivalent of "Max Power". I love the way my Aero looks and the only cosmetic modification so far is the Genuine Saab smoked indicator repeaters.

I suspect I'll end up changing the wheels to accommodate bigger brakes, but I'll definitely try to fit something "Saab-ish".

·
Registered
970 Posts
Well, if it were to go as quick as how it looks, then it may be OK though it does look horrendous. If it were mine it would look more like an Aero in either silver or the dark blue. (dunno the name of the shade
)

edited into intelligible English

·
Registered
2,928 Posts
Perhaps it's just me, but this Talladega thing seems to have its directional tyres fitted the wrong way around.

Is the owner suffering from the onset of the long dark winter night?? I think we should be told!!

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Well, at least the colour combo on that 9K is a bit more sensible than that pink Aero thingy... Not my cup of tea exactly, but at least it's been done with some kind of general concept about shape and colour, and the workmanship does indeed look very nice. Overall, I've seen far worse - ever seen Belgian or Spanish tuning mags? Those folks really are in for the biggest horror effect they can achieve, literally stacking one ABS plastic contraption on top of another and giving it colours you wouldn't be able to dream up during, or just after, a bad acid trip...

·
Registered
4,895 Posts
Originally posted by Mark B:
[qb]Perhaps it's just me, but this Talladega thing seems to have its directional tyres fitted the wrong way around.

Is the owner suffering from the onset of the long dark winter night?? I think we should be told!![/qb][/b]
Nah, I think thats the LH rear wheel pictured. Obviously had the best finish of the four wheels.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts