Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hiya,

mine needs one, it has died...Anyway, SAAB want £200 for one, what are your recommendations for a replacement please.

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
30 Posts
If your turbo is a Garett, which it likely is, get a new one from a Garett agent. I got my one from Trent Saab, it had a kevlar as opposed to a rubber diaphragm. It cost about £120ish and is more precise than the standard. Euro car parts might do them too.

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
9000 Aero uses the Mitsubishi TD04HL-15T 6cm^2. For the record anyway. You should just try all the usual sources for replacement. Elkparts, Speedparts MapTun etc. They could probably all supply you with one, likely at a much lower cost than Saab wants.

Cheers,
Dubbya

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I got one in the end from Forge Motorsport

http://www.forgemotorsport.co.uk/

They sensed the panic in my voice to get it up to scratch and send me one out rapidly. Half the price of SAAB as well, being fitted as we speak. Car is now up for sale, see classifieds below.

·
Registered
276 Posts
I might be needing a new actuator for my Aero in the very near future! What spring rating (psi) did you specify when ordering yours from Forge?

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
All change!! The actuator they sell on the website:

http://www.forgemotorsport.co.uk/saab.asp?...roduct=FMAC9000

Is...

A) Without the turnbuckle attachment they show on the picture, this is for ILLUSTRATIVE PURPOSES only, that sounds like something for trading standards to look into

B) Too short to fit my Aero by 1 inch!! I have wasted time, effort and money on this beautifully made piece of metalwork.

C) Requires major modification to the mounting bracket to get it to fit

All things considered, I wish I had gone the standard route so that it fitted OK in the first place. Now, whether or not this item fits the LPT's I am unsure, chances are Forge Motorsport will be none the wiser either...

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Answers seem to have dried up...

Has anyone tried Trent Saab, they are advertising these wastegate actuators and I wondered if anybody out there has used them, and more importantly, fitted one of these.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts