Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi,, i'm sure i've read a topic on this forum about re-caibrating by disconnecting the battery or something?
can please enlighten me on how to do this and what gains are to be made from this because i want to try it out on my aero.
any advise would be appreceiated,thanks

·
Registered
243 Posts
Recalibrating the ECU by disconnecting the battery clears the "soft" memory of any minor faults the car has picked up.

By either disconnecting the battery or unplugging the ECU (behind the fake bulkhead), this resets the engine. Then you can do an "adaption run", which consists of running the car in 4th gear (on a manual only) from 2000rpm to 4000rmp ish under full load about 4 times. This will allow the car to adapt to the fuel used to optimise the best performance.

Please correct me if I'm wrong though! But that's how I understand it

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
There is no need to disconnect the battery, the APC can be readapted by pulling the fuse that powers it (No. 5 if I remember correctly) and reconnecting it say ten seconds later.
The adaptation run can be in a lower gear (to keep the road speed sensible) but you need to take at least four seconds to cover the 2000 - 4000 rpm area at full throttle. If you have a long, fairly steep hill nearby use it in conjunction with third gear say.

Nick.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.