Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right,i have a 93' 9000 CS that i want to upgrade with some Aero parts,what prices should i be looking at.Wheels,seats (just the seats),bodykit.Should i give up now as i'm having enough trouble just finding the wheels!

·
Registered
8,948 Posts
Get a real Aero, and if your really cunning, debadge and remove the aero bits to make it look like a CS 2.0i

Andrew

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Er...alright,whats mine worth,details as above plus,2.3 turbo,fssh with loads of receipts,197k,abbott ecu/exhaust/filter/dump valve/adjustable lowered suspension.Dyno'd @ 253bhp and 331lbs torque.The engines still tight with no smoke whatsoever.

·
Registered
3,892 Posts
It's on the cheaper side of prices at the moment. Aero's (manual) can be had from anything from £1.5k private for a rough-ish one, up to probably over £7.5k+ for a peach one owner low miler at a dealer.
The trick is finding them for sale in the first place....

·
Registered
2,928 Posts
Cherry1809,

as your car has more power and torque, and better suspension, than a standard Aero, why do you want to change it? You would only end up having to spend more money on it to make it as good as your car is now! The only better things you would get are the wheels, which are available if you keep looking (I've just got some!), the seats (but do you really need more than the driver's seat? I think the Aero rear seats are a disadvantage), and the body kit, which is a matter of personal taste. The CSE has the nicer dash board.

Why change a car which you know (and probably isn't worth that much) for something that you don't know, isn't as good, and costs a lot more?

I had the same dilemma when I found an Abboted Aero for sale. It was nice, but no better than my car, needed the brakes upgrading and just wasn't worth twice what I could sell mine for.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts