Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been comparing my MY03 9-5 Aero with my (wife's) 9000 Aero over the last 5 months, and been a bit disappointed as the 9000 seems to win on sheer manic grunt. Now I've always taken the dump valve on the 9000 for granted, but did they have a dump valve as standard on 97 9000 Aeros, or did I buy a modified job in ignorance. (blissful ignorance )

·
Registered
6,531 Posts
yes the 9000 aero does have a dumpvalve as std...
as does the 9-5 and all turbo petrol engines, some are just more vocal than others...

Comparing the 2 cars back to back is difficult..
I've always found the 9000 will give you an almighty slap in the back.. whereas the 9-5, whilst just as quick and sometimes quicker, does it in a totally different more refined fasion

·
Registered
4,895 Posts
Comparing the 2 cars back to back is difficult..
I've always found the 9000 will give you an almighty slap in the back.. whereas the 9-5, whilst just as quick and sometimes quicker, does it in a totally different more refined fasion    [/b]
It's a matter of personal preference as to whether you prefer the modern smooth power delivery or the old fashioned surging delivery. From my understanding Saab deliberately tuned the later HOT engines to make them feel like big engine cars and thereby make them easier to drive.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the info.
(sorry about the placement
) Certainly can't here the dump valve on the 9-5, but then my hearing is not the best. I think they have succeeded in transforming the feel of the Aero, pity really, but still

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have considered that JezF, but haven't really looked into the insurance! It appeals to go manic in the 9000 now that it's done 64000, say 300 bhp (although I've just taken out an extended warranty). Do you need 2 insurances to switch cars like that, or do some insurance companies provide 2 x comp. for 2 cars? I know my current ins. don't.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts