Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The exhaust on my dad's MY97 Aero has broken just in front of the rear silencer.

Does anyone have any recommendations for replacement part suppliers / indicative prices.

He's not looking for a performance gain..... just to get it fixed to pass the MOT

Thanks

·
Registered
8,216 Posts
Hi, Carrera. I assume you're happy to fit it yourself.
I got a rear silencer from a Saab dealer recently for around £80. I don't know whether the Aero silencer costs the same, but I believe the only difference is the tailpipe.
If you want to go aftermarket, have a look at Euro Car Parts. I seem to remember they were the cheapest I could find last year. Bear in mind, however, that the 9000 turbos are very sensitive to the exhaust system. The car I fitted the Saab silencer to, while only a 2.0 light-pressure turbo and an auto to boot, went so much better after I'd ditched the Kwik-Fit (I think) rear silencer. And I only replaced it because the tailpipe looked awful.

·
Registered
600 Posts
I got a "Bosal" exhaust for my AERO from my local Bargain fit place and I have been happy with it. They come with a 2 year warranty but I must have had it for almost 4 years now.

The Bosal unit has a black trim piece like the origional. I got a cheapo replacement for my wife's CSE which although is still working, is a lovely shade of brown so if a Bosal is'nt much more I would go for one.

If you are keeping the car it might be worth investing in a stainless unit and I've heard good things about the following
http://www.exhausts.uk.com/location.cfm

When mine goes next I'll be making enquiries about a stainless one.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the help & advice. I found an online resource for Bosal exhausts which was really good for identifying part numbers. Bosal only list models up to 200hp

I tried Eurocarparts but apparently the Aero exhaust is special order only - around 10 days and the web price is £95 + delivery and VAT

In the end I got a bosal exhaust from a local company for £45 + vat. It's not fitted yet but it looks like it should fit except the tailpipe is round rather than oval - but it is black.

Dad's very happy with the price . I'll post a follow up for other peoples benefit if there are any problems

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.