Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this topic was briefly covered in the past somewhere but i cant find it
I want to know how many Scarabe green 9000 Aero's were produced as i dont see many in this colour?.
Has anyone got any figures and a list of rarity in terms of colours and no.s made in each colour??

Many thanks
Pete.

·
Registered
3,892 Posts
Thanks JohnBoy.... anoraks at ten paces then..

Well Pete, Andrew beat me to it......but to break that down further, we have the following....

MY95 Aero man Scarabe/Sand beige = 5
MY95 Aero auto Scarabe/Sand beige = 1
MY95 Aero man Scarabe/black = 6
MY95 Aero auto Scarabe/black = 1
MY95 Aero man Scarabe/dover grey = 5
MY95 Aero auto Scarabe/dover grey = 1

MY96 Aero man Scarabe/Sand beige = 41
MY96 Aero auto Scarabe/Sand beige = 15
MY96 Aero man Scarabe/black = 9
MY96 Aero auto Scarabe/black = 3
MY96 Aero man Scarabe/dover grey = 4
MY96 Aero auto Scarabe/dover grey = 2

MY97 Aero man Scarabe/Sand beige = 17
MY97 Aero auto Scarabe/Sand beige = 14
MY97 Aero man Scarabe/black = 8
MY97 Aero auto Scarabe/black = 10
MY97 Aero man Scarabe/dover grey = 3
MY97 Aero auto Scarabe/dover grey = 3

Graham

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So then Graham is my Dad's new Scarabe green 96my 9000 Aero manual with black leather a rare colour in the UK then??,
Do you have the no.s for the other colours in the UK production runs??
Cheers Pete.

·
Registered
3,892 Posts
Well....as 1 of 9 I'd say pretty rare

Don't forget, Pete, these figures are for all RHD production, which includes all suitable markets i.e. UK,Aus,New Zea.,S.Africa,Eire,HK & Singapore,Cyprus,Malta etc.

And yes I've got the figures for all the rest. Might be a good idea to get them posted up on a site somewhere.....

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Come on then Graham, entertain us with the figures even in the most basic colour breakdowns, i just want to know which is the rarest colour in RHD form.
From one sad 8astard to another - show me the money

Pete.

·
Registered
8,948 Posts
Very extremely rare are:-

Cirrus white with beige and Eucalyptus Green with Beige, totaling 0 each....

Then there are 2 with 1 each, and one with 2, then you get into the popular numbers like 8, 10, 11 etc (over the 4 years of production mind you.

I'll let the man who really knows tell you the colour combo's though.

Andrew

But why don't you have a guess.....

·
Registered
3,892 Posts
Pete,
There's a lot of info to post, so I'll look into doing a webpage with the info on.....

As Andrew stated, Cirrus White is the rarest colour, primarily as it was only available in the first year of production, Amethyst Violet is the next rarest, probably because this was only available in the last year of production....

Still never seen an Amethyst Aero, either in the flesh or for sale.....

·
Registered
3,892 Posts
Yes and no...
1160 is the total of Aero's made in right hand drive, which covers UK/Eire, Cyprus, Australia, New Zealand, HK & Singapore, South Africa, Malta etc.

I suspect that the UK was the biggest of these markets, but how many of those 1160 were UK spec cars is unclear, but a good guess is at least 75% plus.

Post edit...Andrew beat me by 2 mins..........

·
Registered
3,892 Posts
Hardly......

Total number in Lemans/grey = 80 (14 were auto's)

Specifically, MY95, manual, = 22

Factory sunroof were rare, but doubt the car was de-badged at the factory, maybe at the dealer on request of the original owner.

Alan, ru sure someone didn't just nick it....

·
Registered
477 Posts
There's a 9000 Aero that won't be in your figures. The local SAAB dealer up here in Aberdeen had one re-sprayed Monte Carlo Yellow, as a promotion for the Tall Ship's race which visited Aberdeen in 97. Might not sound like a good colour for an Aero, but it looked fantastic - why is this colour only an option on 9-3's. Think it cost him £6000 for the re-spray job. He ran it himself for 6 months, then sold it on - have seen it for sale once since, but was too expensive at the time.

·
Registered
3,892 Posts
It will be in the figure's, because if the dealer had it resprayed then it'll be down on the list as whatever it's original factory colour was.......

It doens't matter if it's pink with black polka dots now, it's the colour it left Trollhattan that's on the list.....

·
Registered
85 Posts
Where do you get to know this kind of build data. I would like to know how rare my white/charcoal cloth 98MY 2.3T CS is, and how close to the end of production that the Cleveland Police managed to get it.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts