Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally got round to doing it this weekend and first impressions are good. Pick up seems to be a little improved. However not too sure about the exhaust note Sounds a little burbly (but not in a T16S sort of way) more like perhaps a hole in the exhaust. Hope not though as its the 3" JT system which has only been on the car since May.

Those of you who have done this mod is the change in exhaust note to be expected? Also is blow back common? I was getting a little blow back ocassionally after installing the MapT stage 3 ecu anyway, it seems to be more now though.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Forgot to mention exactly what I did to the air box. Removed the snorkel and drilled approx 1" holes all around the part of the box that sits in the wheel arch. Is this ok?

Zahid

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Zars, did you notice anuy difference in performance or just noise. If just noise, I'll leave mine alone.

What do you mean by blow back,out of interest? I occasionally get a bit of a bang when I start up.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have noticed a slight improvement in pick up. Can't really compare it to standard though as I've got used to the MapT stage 3 ecu upgrade. I agree with you though, if it's only sound then I would'nt have bothered either.

I'd say go for it, any improvement in airflow is good (reminds me of my days with my T16S with a modded airbox - made so much difference
) Noise from exhaust is a blow back type of noise, noticeable if your rev the car hard while standing still (yes I know this is a no no) I don't however get the noise when starting up though, only has happened once when I started the car up after about a week of no driving.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts