Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone help with this unusual (I think) fault
Front Passenger seat electric adjustments will not work with door closed. OK when open, not very practical to do this on the M6!

Plus anyone recommend a definitve road test on this model please.

Thanks.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Hi

With engine off it should work only with door open (no ignition) but with the engine on, it obviously should work with the door shut. That probably doesn't help but its the best I can do

Julian

·
Registered
226 Posts
Seat should be adjustable when ignition is on or when door is open. If this is not the case, look under the front of the passenger seat and you will see two green relays (about inch square). One puts power to the seat when door open, the other when ignition on. The are a push in fit so check they are both pushed home. I had a faulty one on my 96 Aero so I replaced them both with a compatible auto relay from Maplin, less than £2 each, much cheaper than saab price. Let me know if you want the Maplin cat/part number and I'll look it up. If a relay is faulty and you swap the two around, fault should move so that ok with ign. but not with door open.

Best of luck!

PS welcome to the board!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.