Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
430 Posts
There is no doubt that most things 'can' be done ,I'm just sort of left asking 'why'?

Personally, if I were to invest that much time and effort in creating a 9000 engined 99 I rather think that I would have gone the tenth tenth and put the engine in the middle and have it drive the rear wheels.

Certainly wouldn't hurt the handling. Perhaps wouldn't do much for passenger comfort though.

·
Registered
4,427 Posts
Not unlike the Trent Saab car that was for sale a while back, I quite fancy a bit of that.

I'd prefer it in a more "sleeper" colour though...with steel wheels and the odd bit of rust here & there

Imagine the PWR of a 99 T16 compared with all the heavy weight barges we all punt about in (mine more than most!), would make for some serious speed...

Really like that steering wheel though, reminds me of one hanging in my garage waiting for a new home...one day

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Like for like, there's only 20 kgs between the 99 and 900. It's the fact that the latter tends to get loaded to the hilt with stuff like power steering, electric sunroof and windows, and that the 99 wasn't ever built with the 16vT motor that we think of the 99 as much lighter...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts