Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know if it's my imagination but after slightly increasing my cars base boost, ( by 3 turns) I seem to have less boost than I had before. ( & yes I am sure I turned it the right way )

The main reason for adjusting it was that I was under the car, the turbo was cold, and I had nothing better to do.

My car has a switchable Stage one ECU and it now feels the same with it switched on or off & it shouldn't really do that.

I've checked the obvious solenoid fuse & connections but they seem ok.

I suppose all the vacum hoses need a good inspection & the solenoid itself too - but other than that does anyone have any suggestions?

Would you normally need to re-adapt the ECU after a base boost adjust.?

Given that the car started life as an LPT I don't have the luxury of a gauge to make everything apparent. Might have to buy one now.

·
Registered
14,305 Posts
Firstly, you definitely did make the rod shorter, didn't you?

It is possible to give yourself less max boost if you shorten the rod too much. The APC system senses that base boost is too high and winds back the max boost as a safety measure.

Yes, an adaptation run might help, but if you've been driving it for a while anyway, it should have adapted by now.

The "correct" answer is to ask the tuners what their preferred base boost is for your set up and get hold of a calibrated gauge to check it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.