Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,

So I ended up with a 9000 2,0 LPT, 97 ann. version. Nice car but a bit slow compared to my 93, 185 HP FPT. I was thinking of a Maptune upgrade, but as my local SAAB dealer recommend BSR I migt just settle for that. I heard that Maptune is actually doing some of the developement for BSR, is this correct?? Isnt Speedparts upgrades the same as BSR?? And does any one have on this Forum have any experince with BSR/Speedpart upgrade on a 9000 2,0 LPT model?

·
Registered
8,216 Posts
Welcome to Saabscene, Søren.
I too am very happy with the products and service I have had from Maptun. I have had no experience with Speedparts, but many people on Saabscene have and I'm sure they'll be along shortly to tell you what they think.

·
Registered
778 Posts
Sorry, got interupted by a friend who was having a problem with his 9000! Anyway, MapTun has a lot of experience with the software in the T5. The owner, Johnny, actually worked at Saab. They are the only 'tuner', that I am aware of, that can program the T5 with the correct fuel mappings for the large Volvo, 'green giant', injectors. They are very professional and are more than willing to customize the programming to suit your particular
Another incentive is that if you decide to upgrade with newer hardware and need new software, they will do so for a very reasonable price (10% of the original s/w cost, IIRC).

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
I heard that Maptune is actually doing some of the developement for BSR, is this correct?? Isnt Speedparts upgrades the same as BSR??[/b]
As far as I know Maptun supply the higher powered upgrade ECUs (Steg3 up) and BSR supply the other ones.
And does any one have on this Forum have any experince with BSR/Speedpart upgrade on a 9000 2,0 LPT model?[/b]
Quite a few of us have gone with Speedparts (I have their stage 1 on my 2.3lpt). I can only say good things about it. I think part of the reason for Speedparts instead of Maptun in the UK is Speedparts are easier to get hold of here.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts