Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Well the windscreens aren't glued in like on most other cars so you could do the job at home. I have not had the pleasure of experiencing the re-fitting procedure but removal took about 10~15 mins. I would be quite careful with the rubber as it is easily damaged and I might need to replace mine. Just checked Euro Car Parts and the screen was £178 - but I'm guessing based on what others have said that there will be somewhere much cheaper to get it from.

·
Registered
343 Posts
I fitted a secondhand but good screen last year.. no problems if you take your time and feed rope in around the rubber to pull the "lip" over..plenty of washing up liquid helps stop the rubber getting stretched and torn. make sure you get is central or it sits out of line and you get a big gap for all the rain to get in! Plenty of black silicone to make it nice and water tight.. especially on the corners. My screen cost a tenner and the silicone was £4.
That reminds me I still have the old broken screen at the back of my garage, must get rid of it some time...

·
Registered
281 Posts
Autoglass[/b]
Be careful with Autoglass though. I had a door window replaced and they provided a pattern part which didn't include the mounting rail which should be stuck to the bottom of the window when you buy it. I had to glue the window into the old rail after the Autoglass man had re-fitted it. I will need to buy a new window soon..

·
Registered
762 Posts
I had a look yesterday out of interest to see if my T8 had, had a new windscreen at some time
& no the date stamp on the windscreen is 1986 the year it was made......

now how many of us are still runnung with the factory fitted windscreens in their cars

Paul

1 - 11 of 11 Posts