Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay first of all, I know this will probably be moved somewhere, I wasn't sure where to put it. I just feel at home in the 9000 forum .

That aside, I was researching the 9-2 and came across an official press release on the Saab global site concerning the 9-7X (don't say it.. DON'T SAY IT....) SUV. There's been talk of it for months, but I didn't think it could possibly ever come to pass. Saab has abandoned it's roots all together (small, affordable, 'quirky' - I prefer to call it personality ) Saab has abandoned it's instantly-recognizable sloped hatch shape in favor of traditional three-box sedans and wagons (saloons and estates).
My grandfather, when his GM900 clunked out after only 70k miles, got a good deal on a new linear 9-3SS. I've driven it a few times, and while I am impressed by the engine and general looks, I can't help but feel that the car has lost touch with its roots that were so prevalent a decade ago.
Like many of you purists out there, I rejoiced at the sound of the 9-2, but during my research I discovered that it may only be a rebadged Impreza, nothing against Subies. And now, making matters worse, we've got a rebadged Blazer coming along. Please excuse me while I go jump for joy.

I highly doubt that GM will hear my little complaint here, but they really need to be more like Ford with Volvo and Aston and leave Saab to do their own thing. First no more hatch, then the ignition in the 9-2 is on the steering column, now they're building an SUV? I thought that we bought Saabs BECAUSE they weren't BMWs or Audis. Oh well... I guess there won't ever be a replacement for my 9000.
If any of you would like the article, here it is: 9-7X Press Release (Saab Global)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.