Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
No one seems to have noticed the 0-60 time of the V8 9-7x is the same as the 210hp/6 speed version of the 9-3SS at a very respectable 6.9 seconds. The chassis is lowered and there are sub-frame cross beams used exclusively in the 9-7x for road holding manners. There are also tons of performance parts including supercharger kits already available for the 5.3L V8 that should bolt right in. The stock brakes on this truck are garbage and would need work to make me comfortable especially if it is pushing 400hp. There is also an SS version of the Trailblazer coming out with much larger 4 piston calipers at all 4 corners that could be applied I'm sure. To put things into perspective, there was a Trailblazer twin turbo concept a couple years back which put out 400hp and was running 0-60 times around 5.5 sec. with the best time at 5.35 seconds. This is serious speed! Is this a Saab at heart?? I don't believe so and I would not expect the fit and finish to rival my 9-5. There are some good things going for it however and I do believe this was something Saab needed to do. It tells you something about the financial pitfalls the company is in when the 2 new models introduced are merely rebadges. The 9-2x is more of a farse if you ask me.

·
Registered
141 Posts
maybe not a saab at heart, but the 9-3ss has already dilluted (sp?) the brand to a degree already..

however if they stick a twin turbo V8 in the 9-5 and maybe awd somehow I would have no complaints

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
XAAMOTTOMAAX makes a good point, both about the 9-7X and the 9-2X. Both cars are based on models for which there is already an established tuning path. Given the breadth of aftermarket tuning options for the venerable 1985 and 2290cc engines, it's important (IMHO) to certain parts of Saab's customer base that the doors are still open for tuning these new models.

I have to say, the idea of a supercharged 9-7X is rather appealing

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
I'd rather turbocharge the inline six. It's more "Saab-like" as it's DOHC. With a turbocharger I'd enjoy it plenty. And as it's quite large, 400 hp shouldn't be out of the question at all.

Dubbya~

1 - 4 of 4 Posts