Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I'm new here, and I've searched the threads but am left asking for help.
V6 turbo, had occasional idle surges, and then last week the problem suddenly got much worse and the car became undrivable.
I replaced the throttle body...witch didn't help. But now it thew a code for bank 2 missfires, and barely ran.
So I ordered and replaced the bank 2 ignition cassette.
Problem solved...it seemed. The car started and ran great...until I drove it.
Now, under any load or throttle the Cel flashes and throws a P1300 code. Aside from feeling a little low on power, it feels like it runs fine. But I cannot get rid of this fault.
I've replaced the plugs, correct part and gap, all the vac lines. Cleaned connectors and grounds.
No other faults
Any thoughts on this?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Just to add a little more info. It's a 2001 SE.
I also disconnected the cat, just to make sure it wasn't clogged, that didn't help.
As of today, when I plug in the scan tool, I get no communication with the vehicle. Odb2 port has power, but no communication. Car still starts, idles and drives though.

Update: I checked the obvious grounds to the trionic, they were good. I don't know if there's body grounds inside the car that would matter though, or where they are.
Checked continuity btwn ignition cassette and PCM, all wires good there.
Tested the fuel pressure, about 40 psi...which I think is good.

I'm at a loss

·
Registered
27 Posts
First things first...please confirm the vehicle type.
The description of the post references a V6 9-5 and your second post says 2001 SE.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
First things first...please confirm the vehicle type.
The description of the post references a V6 9-5 and your second post says 2001 SE.
It's 2001 9-5 SE, with a 3 liter V6 turbo

I'll also just continue updating this here.
Communication with the PCM is good again. It was just a connector pin that pushed out the back of the OBD connector. So that's no longer and issue.
I'll also note, that the fuel trims at idle look good. Sitting right around 0 percent

1 - 4 of 4 Posts