Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few things on our 9-5 (2.3LPT)needed replacement, so I thought it would be the ideal time to upgrade a few things.

The rear shocks were leaking, so I replaced them with the ones from the eibach pro kit. I didn't want to lower the car so I didn't go for the springs. The front brakes were worn out and were upgraded with the viggen brake system.

I also ordered a maptun stage 2 upgrade, and oh boy what a joy . You can see a 2 meg video here: (you will need quicktime to see it)

http://users.pandora.be/saabtuning1/images...icture_1975.mov

I don't know how accurate it is, but it reaches 100 under 7 seconds. The lenght of the vid is 11 seconds. You can also hear that I am spinning my wheels in first gear.

To conclude, I love what I did to the car, this is how it should have left the factory. The only downside is that the automatic gearbox shifts too late. It goes all the way down to 6200rpm while it has no torque there left..., but,I think I can live with that

As for Maptun....

·
Registered
6,531 Posts
Nice one Marky!

You've probably got a nice balance with std springs and Eibachs... the pro kit could do with being a tiny bit softer IMHO, but I do drive on country backroads 90% of the time...

Ditto the brakes, the larger fronts make a huge difference to the feel and stopping power, feels like it will stop now!

Maptun... hmmm nice

[ 25.10.2003, 14:52: Message edited by: Leon [9-5 stg2] ]

1 - 3 of 3 Posts