Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Still looking for the right spec 9-5 but in the meantime...

When I find it (budget dictates circa 1999 2.0 SE LPT) I intend to boost the power with a PPC re-map to Stage 1, around 215 bhp.

Would it be foolish to leave it on stock suspension/tyres? Would it be nice and quick on the straights but wobbly in the corners? I am not a 'fast' driver these days and want to keep the comfort and supple ride of the standard set-up but with a bit more 'ommmpphhh' for overtaking etc.

If I can squeeze in another little question - the 2.3 of that age is only 170 bhp (20 above) the 2.0 - does it make a real difference?

Thanks all!

·
Registered
608 Posts
Hi

I would have thought for those performance gains, the stock suspension and brakes should be just fine, just remember to back off a little before the corners.

IMHO it would be worth getting the 2.3 for extra potential torque

·
Registered
341 Posts
I have just fitted a stage 1 bsr upgrade on my my99 2.0 9-5. Its turned the car into a nice beast... took a while settle in but its going quick now. Find myself getting caught out the odd time hitting corners faster than I think I am.

Im trying to be careful and holding back as I feel as If I have got to get to grips with a new car... well worth the money mind you!.

My advice is... get the upgrade take it easy and see how you get on. If your not happy then go upgrading handling .

Michael

1 - 3 of 3 Posts