Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The central locking on my 9-5 works all the doors by manually locking with the key in the door except the fuel flap (the flap solenoid is seized in the open position) They will not lock using the remote key buttons. (Non work Doors Tailgate)
I have replaced the batteries in both the keys but it still won't operate from the key buttons.

Would the fact that the fuel flap solenoid is seized in the unlock position stop the remote operation from the key buttons.
I have no warning on the display

Any advice appreciated

Thanks
Pete

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Tried that Mike, and other tricks I have found on the forum, no luck, think its a tech2 job so looking for a local guy that can do it.

·
Administrator
5,133 Posts
disconnect the battery for 5 mins then resync the keys with the car..might be worth unplugging the solenoid from the system...or remove it and free it up..

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Saab 9-5 2.2 litre Tid march 05 plate. Remote key fob not working

The central locking on my 9-5 works all the doors by manually locking with the key in the door. The Keys starts the engine ok. I have 2 Keys they both do the same thing.
I have replaced the batteries in both the keys but they still won't operate the remote lock/unlock from the key buttons.

The dash display shows "2 remotes. 2 transponders" when i press the boot button on the key.

I have tried 3 4 or 5 presses on the unlock button on the fobs but it still wont work.
I have no warning on the display

The car had been standing for a while and both remotes and the car battery had gone flat. Not sure if that is anything to do with it loosing some of the memory. Car battery is fully charged now

Any advice appreciated

Thanks
Pete

·
Administrator
5,133 Posts
pls don't duplicate threads,i've merged this with one you already created on same topic..

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
opp's. wrist slapped. Sorry aerojon, New to the forum and still finding my round it. Couldnt find my original post and wanted to add some more info on it. Finding it a bit hard to navigate round. Give it time and I will learn

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Freed the solinoid up thats working ok now, also tried disconnecting the car battery and went through the recync prodcedure and still no joy. Car starts ok and runs just the remote not working.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Problem sorted.

Might be of some help to others if central locking/alarm stops working.
Here's how i fixed mine.

Symptoms were: Car opened door manually and started on key in ignition. Would not work on key remote. Pressing boot release on key when ignition on showed "2 remotes. 2 transponders"

I removed fuse 5 and and the remote buttons on key worked central locking and radio turned off. This pointed to lock barrel on transmission not popping right up.

I sprayed the barrel with a P.T.F.E silicone lubricant spray and worked the lock back and forth from lock position to on position. Removing the key now and then. I used a small hook in the key slot to help to gently lift the barrel when i took the key out. After 15 minutes of working the barrel and a couple more sprays the barrel came up to the full height on its own when removing the key.

I replaced the no 5 fuse and hey presto everything now works fine.

Hope this helps anyone with the same problem.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts