Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would there be any benefit from putting a 9-5 HOT aero intake pipe onto my 9-5 2.3 auto which is an lpt model?

Also will I be upsetting the ecu if I upgrade?

thanks
Zahid

·
Registered
202 Posts
I drive a 9-5 2.0 LPT with autobox and have installed the Abbott delivery pipe, which is even bigger than the standard Aero one. So far, no problems, but because I installed it together with a Hirsch Stage 1 upgrade, I couldn't tell you whether the pipe did any good. For the price, I would certainly hope so.

I had also checked with Hirsch wether "minor" modifications (such as larger intake pipe, free-flowing cat-back, or even larger IC) would upset their program, and they said it would not.

But are you currently running an upgraded ECU at all?

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No mate, standard ecu. I had'nt really thought about upgrading the 9-5 (as all the moneys been spent on the 9k aero
) but I found one I thought was quite cheap on ebay, so thought I'd give it a go.

·
Registered
202 Posts
I don't know if I'd do it then. If you got the pipe for free and can install it yourself, maybe. Otherwise I'd save for a Stage 1 and leave it at that. Definitely a lot more fun than just the pipe.

Alternatively, just enjoy the ride as it is.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I've fitted the aero spec inlet to my 2.0 man, the top end seemed to have more ummph but only over 4500rpm or so. But when compared to the benefits of ecu upgrade or full 3" JT I'd say it was lost in the noise. Bought mine 2nd hand £35 or something, took a while to fit too.
Guess it's a personal choice, but I like getting my hand dirty!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.