Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im thinking of changing the wheels on my 9-5 HOT Aero 2006. I've had the car aroumd 4 months after converting VW ownership for quite a few years. As im sure you know there are lots of after market replica wheels for VAG cars, does anybody know if there any replica Hirsch wheels available anywhere, to keep the costs down?

Or can anybody recommend which wheels from the Saab range (would prefer to keep them Saab or Hirsch) look better than the standard wheels on the 2006 aero? Ive come accross loads of pics of earlier 9-5's with other wheels but not the >2006 models.

Cheers
Dave

·
Registered
16,524 Posts
The 9-5 uses the same wheels as the early 9-3 and 900, but I would look at the wheels from the 9-3SS from 2003 onwards. The 9-3SS wheels have a slightly smaller offset (41mm against 49mm on the 9-5) so they will stick out a bit more and widen the track slightly. Most 18 inch Saab wheels will be 41mm offset, but some are 38mm or 42mm which is also OK.

Around Christmas, Stratstone Saab in Birmingham had some 18 inch Saab wheels for around £400 a set, maybe less. Maybe they have some left?

Beware wheels from unknown manufacturers. Saabs are heavy cars, some wheels will not be up to the job.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts