Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have just taken delivery of a new 150bhp Tid 9-3. Coming from an Abbott modified 9-5 I wanted to bridge the performance gap a bit. So I specified the newly announced Hirsch diesel upgrade so as to knock power up to 175bhp or thereabouts.

Unfortunately it now transpires that the mod. only applies to the particulate filter-equipped diesels at present. I have an "airflow" which is non-particulate. I've heard conflicting stories as to where Hirsch are with development of the upgrade for the non particulate car. I want my extra 25bhp.. anybody with any inside knowledge ?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Soren: it's a slightly complicated story but because of a European shortage of particulate filters Saab UK have been selling the 16V 150bhp diesel in non-particulate form to non-business users. I guess the theory is that the long waiting list for the car may otherwise deter buyers.

As compensation they have introduced the "airflow" range. Basically your non-particulate car gets an upgrade at no extra cost...so my Vector Tid came with a boot spoiler, 6 CD changer and upgrade to ES2-7. Specify the same on a Vector Sport and you get the same upgrades but with ES2-13.

Hence the problem. Is there an e mail address for Hirsch customer service ?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts