Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a phone cradle holder which is slotted inbetween the cd player then wired behind the a/c and radio panels etc with the mic coming out of the panel on the ceiling..
Got no use for it and it looks like it only fits a specific phone model.
How do I go about removing ?
I need the metal bracket gone and the wire if possible or can I just cut the wire and leave it there or is wired up to anything it may intefere with ?

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Do *not* cut the wire! it may nobble your stereo as it might make the stereo think you're constantly getting a phone call. Best thing to do is start pulling out the console and see where it's hooked into. Hopefully someone plugged it in to the phone connector in the centre console down by the passengers feet. If this is the case you can disconnect it here and then think about cutting wires.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks,
Any online guides to removing the CD and a/c units ? I have seen a guide for removing the top unit but it looks like I will need to start from the bottom two units.

·
Registered
16,524 Posts
What year is the car?

If it's the early dashboard model, the ACC panel just pulls out. This reveals the spring clips either side of the Entertainment Head Unit which can prised in and released - the EHU is not the radio control module with the knobs and buttons. This slides out to reveal the connections at the rear, if needed.

But if the car kit is fitted using the proper Saab connector, it won't be connected to the EHU, but to a connector behind the side panel to the centre tunnel on the passenger side.

Some pictures here that I took when I fitted the AUX connector. It shows the centre tunnel panel removal and the aircon and EHU removal.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What year is the car?

If it's the early dashboard model, the ACC panel just pulls out. This reveals the spring clips either side of the Entertainment Head Unit which can prised in and released - the EHU is not the radio control module with the knobs and buttons. This slides out to reveal the connections at the rear, if needed.

But if the car kit is fitted using the proper Saab connector, it won't be connected to the EHU, but to a connector behind the side panel to the centre tunnel on the passenger side.

Some pictures here that I took when I fitted the AUX connector. It shows the centre tunnel panel removal and the aircon and EHU removal.[/b]
Its a 2005 with the same layout as yours in the photos.
Only just had the side panel off when changing the ignition switch module,
Before I look down there for a connector how do I remove the aircon and cd player to release the phone cable slotted at the side of them ?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.