Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner

181 - 185 of 185 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
had my 04 uk 9-3 aero ss auto for 15 mths it has 98k+ miles on the clock still runs smooth as silk,a fuss pot friend of mine commented that he could not feel any thing when the car changed through the gears.only thing i had to do to pass the m o t last week was to fix a broken front spring,it uses no oil and water and is a nice car to drive on long journeys,i have the full service history of the car and other than normal service items the only thing i can see whats been replace are rear trailing arms.
the question about the discolouration of the headlights was noted on the mot but was not causing a problem at this moment,will have to try one of the cleaning kits and see how they work.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Had my 08 TiD 150 auto convertible for over a year now. Done 14k miles in it and it hasn't missed a beat. Just done the required servicing on it and thats it.

No concerns about DPF or chewing up tyres as have been mentioned.

·
Super Moderator
3,072 Posts
Hello , here's one for those thinking of buying a saab , or as I've read on this thread , those who are being put off buy the horror stories ! Well don't be .
Model - 9-3 2.2 tid linear manual
Mileage - 93,000
Date of birth
09/04/2003
Brought from -Osnabruck Germany as a dealership demo , came with 18" bk racing multispokes and boot spoiler . ( I was working over there as a pipe line welder )
Things that have occurred since ownership are as follows -
1) servicing
2) brakes and pads
3) bulbs
4) windscreen wipers
5) tyres
6) MOT's
7) putting diesel in it
8) insurance
9) loosing 1 of the keys so I only have 1 now !
10) replacement EGR valve
At the moment I have the following things happening -
1) airbag light is on if started from cold or if car is left standing for a couple of hours , the rest of the day it stays off !
2) EML comes on sometimes when cold , but the rest of the day it's ok , there is a fault code because if you take the key out it stays on for 5 seconds
3) n/s/r central locking not working .
4) on first start up the interior lights , the "I" light and if on the headlights "pulse". But after about 5 mins it rights it's self ( I've heard it's the voltage regulator on the alternator)

********* AND THATS IT**********
So to sum up - good servicing ( quality oil and filter) , good mechanic , and an understanding that over time things do brake or start to go wrong .so don't be put off , I've had other cars and you read horror stories , would I buy another saab ? No I'm still loving this one !

·
Registered
95 Posts
2003 convertible vector ,dont know if its 175 or 210 but it has 144658 milkes on , no rattles , no funny noises , no issues and all i have done in three years apart from two services is put lots of petrol in and enjoy , i am looking for a windstop though , love my 7th saab!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello I own a Aero 2007 2.0 auto with 40,000 miles on the clock. I have had it for 2 months now and have had a few problems:
when I bought it the air bag light warning light came on so had that fix
front drivers seat, steering wheel and window squeaks
idle is a bit lumpy in neutral
when turning is a ticking noise
aerial was knackered so have changed that
But apart from that it is a pleasure to drive, I know I will be keeping this car for a long time.

181 - 185 of 185 Posts