Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I've got some batteries to put in my siren as per the thread in the 9-5 section to hopefully stop my alarm going off. My question is is the siren in the front nearside arch as on the 9-5? Can't seem to find the 9-3 specifically mentioned here.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
No the siren is in the boot behind one of the trims. Can't remember which side though.
Are you sure you don't have a fault with the alarm system as the sirens aren't the same in the 9-3 ss as the 9-5.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh dear, presumed they were the same and putting new batteries in would solve my problem! My alarm tends to go off soon after setting my alarm, hazards flashing too, I've tried setting it to doors only via the computer but still the same, also service alarm normally shows on the display too.
Anything else I could try for now?

By the way, it's a 98 SE HOT, if that heps any?

And I don't really mind disabling the alarm, so long as the remote locking still works.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I did this a few weeks ago on my 2001 9-3. I followed the 9-5 instructions, the siren box on a 9-3 is in the same wheel arch as the 9-5 but you need to remove the wheel arch liner at the rear of the arch as the siren box is located there, not at the front of the arch as in the 9-5 instructions.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'll move this thread to the Classic 9-3/GM900 Forum.[/b]
Sorry about that and thanks for moving for me.

I did this a few weeks ago on my 2001 9-3. I followed the 9-5 instructions, the siren box on a 9-3 is in the same wheel arch as the 9-5 but you need to remove the wheel arch liner at the rear of the arch as the siren box is located there, not at the front of the arch as in the 9-5 instructions.[/b]
Thanks for that, will give it a go soon as I get a chance.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I would have to disgagree with you Hungry Horace its not in the same position as 9-5. I took my NSF wheel off with the wheel arch cover only to find no Siren Box !!
My car is a 2003 9-3 2.2Tid. On my SID I have the message ' Theft Protection Failure' and the alarm sounds randomly as per the symptoms you have described. I take it my model of 9-3 has a different alarm system to the one described above. I have found the siren box and this is located in the boot compartment but it is just a standard siren unit you could buy in Halfords !!

Also my car has been stood on the drive for two days and has not alarmed once. I then drive to work, park the car up and the alarm goes ballistic to the point were I have to leave the car unlocked !!

Have u or anyone else any further ideas I can pursue ?​

·
Registered
51 Posts
Need some clarity here if poss. I have the alarm issue as well and feel I need to silence the ringer but where is it? Is it behind the front wheel or in the boot?
And if in the boot where?
Dont want to have to sound the alarm to try and find it as the neighbours are already angry

Thanks
Steven

·
Registered
81 Posts
Where depends on what generation 9-3 you've got.

The OG9-3 (first generation 9-3) starting in 1998/1999 has the alarm sounder behind the left front tyre, the 2nd generation 9-3 that started in 2002/2003 has the sounder in the back.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I have a 2003 9-3 linear. I have taken out the horn fuse and fuse24from the boot but just woken up this morning to the alarm going off ,but the alarm is quieter now that I have removed the horn. At this rate I am going to get an ASBO for the noise.
Where in the backdo you mean if it is here?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a 2003 9-3 linear. I have taken out the horn fuse and fuse24from the boot but just woken up this morning to the alarm going off ,but the alarm is quieter now that I have removed the horn. At this rate I am going to get an ASBO for the noise.
Where in the backdo you mean if it is here?
Hi,
I've had the problem of the alarm on my 06 plate 9-3 sportswagon going off whenever the weather gets hot. (Pressure change in the cabin? not sure what is causing it?). It was driving me mental - still is. Before I removed any panels in the boot to get to the siren I thought about every way I could silence the alarm and still lock the car, SAAB manual doesn't tell you how to do this.
I think I've figured out a way . . . . when you are sitting in the car with the key in the ignition,
1 press the central locking button on the driver door to lock all the doors.
2 remove key from ignition
3 lift the vertical locking knob (not sure of its proper name) on the driver door manually
4 step out car and press the locking knob down manually
5 close the door.

All doors and the boot are now locked and the red L.E.D on the dashboard does not flash - I'm assuming this means the alarm is not armed? however I have not tested this in hot weather yet and I apologise if I've got the fact that the car alarm is off wrong? I'm sure someone can tell me.

Hope this works,
Kev (complete novice)

·
Registered
10 Posts
2005 saab 9-3 estate - having set the alarm using the fob the car will go into alarm condition after a period of time (times vary) The SDU panel says the anti-theft alarn has been triggered and requires reset. How do you do this.
Someone suggested using the manul key only to lock the car, but this isn't the proper fix. Do I need to put the car into a saab agent to get the alarm re-set.
Cheers

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have a 2006 saab 9-3 aero convertible

The memory seats don't work neither. I just feel like totally rewiring the whole car plus replace all the motors for seats, wing mirrors

·
Registered
7 Posts
I've got a 2006 saab 9-3 aero convertible, the red light on the dash does not flash when I lock the doors neither does the indicator lights flash, I've checked the alarm by locking myself in the car, and jumping around, I've also used the key to unlock the door and no activation at all
I have checked nearly every fuse possible, and read the whole manual but I'm still baffled
Can anyone give some suggestions please

Plus my folding mirrors don't work nor does the mirror go down when in reverse

1 - 16 of 16 Posts