Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I would like to buy some tuning stuff for my Saab 9-3 Aero 2001. Now I have doubts, since my Saab has already 62000 kilometers. Their would advise against to me? I think of speed parts/maptun step 2 or step 3. Thanks for your information and sorry for my bad English.

Regards
Guido

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Welcome to the board, Guido. I have a 1999 9-3 hopped up to around 250 hp currently and my car has over 75,000 miles on it and still going strong. If your car has been maintained well, you should have no problems.

Have fun!

Eric Burr

·
Registered
563 Posts
Maintenance is probably more important than mileage. If your car is serviced in accordance with the maintenance schedule there won't be any problems at 62000 km.

Passed 250000 km last week

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you for your opinions. Now stand Speedparts and maptun to the selection. The pure data are nearly identical. Are there at all differences between the two? Nordic is an alternative to the two?
For what hold you of the step 3 with racekat? Is surcharge worthwhile itself or is sufficient for step 2 with sport exhaust?

Regards
Guido

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
For what hold you of the step 3 with racekat? Is surcharge worthwhile itself or is sufficient for step 2 with sport exhaust?[/b]
Speed costs - how fast do you want to go?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hello Guido,

what about Hirsch? Their tuning doesn´t touch the saab protection or warranty in any way, as far as I know. Is yout Aero still under warranty?

Greetings
Martin

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I spoke with Hirsch. They do not take over the Saab Protection! You must lock extra an insurance, for specially money. In addition Hirsch is with distance most expensive offerers. Whether he also the best one is not white I. The only advantage from Hirsch is, which it gives to TÜV on its parts. But that is important also only in Germany. Or also not :)
Therefore I look for the advice/experiences with the other tuners (speedparts, maptun, nordic).  

@James
I think the question whether step2 or step3 is less one of the costs than one the effectiveness. I would like to approach with my 9-3 Aero to the power of my past 2000 9-5 Aero. Is to be given up realistically without the everyday life ability for it? What recommend you for me to make?

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
If you're worried about warranty claims, just get a second Trionic box from the wreckers, er, dismantlers, and send that one out to the tuning company. That way, you ca always change the ECU for the original, untampered one before you have your car serviced.

[note: This could also be a wise thing to do for track day regulars worrying about voiding the manufacturers' warranty. As according to camanufacturers, the ECU records just about anything: how often the rev limiter has been triggered, in the case of advanced vehicle stability programs acceleration rates, 'excessive' vehicle speeds, how often you've been to the red light district, er...]

1 - 9 of 9 Posts