Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:confused: Just purchased another 2ltr Aero, has the normal t7 sludging problem. Only thing wrong with it though was that one con-rod had fused with its bearing and had hammered it flat by 1/16th of an inch. No damage was done to the crankshaft, con rod has damage.

What I need to know, I have spare con-rods from another 2ltr aero, can one of them be exchanged for the damaged one or will that effect the balance of the set up. All markings look the same and the car they came from are the same year of manufacture. The piston itself is also in good order and will fit with no problems.

Any thoughts on what I plan to do or must all the con-rods be changed. :cheers:

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
I cannot see any reason why you should not use the spare con-rod and piston If you were looking to race it and exceed 6000 revs. then it might be a different matter.

ps are you sure that the all the big-end shells are OK following the sludge.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Harry for that reply. Been away this week so was unable to reply sooner, my intention is to take the a head off and do a complete refurbishment of all moving parts, ie; pistons, valves and of course all crankshaft bearings.
What I should have mentioned before was that the vehicle has been breathed on slightly to a stage 2 remap (250 bhp) but will not be used for any type off racing, the odd bye bye tack tick maybe with the fat exhaust brigade wannabe, for that nice felling you get after your quietly down the road, before they have changed gear. :eek: :thumbsup:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts