Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello to all,
having owned the Saab for about a year now, and I get this coming on and off for a while now, its only covered 54,000 miles, but has this annoying problem steering lock malfunction, have to get in car with key and sometimes it does not recognise key either.

1: Have changed the battery in the fob many times...

2: Cleared faults with Tech II

3: 2 faults I get are B1440 - 58 Invalid key position & TPMM C075B - 03 (tyre pressure monitoring)

Very annoying fault sometimes ok, sometimes have to leave car unlocked, starts fine, has got worse since I changed the car battery after xmas

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Who cleared the faults with the Tech2.......did they do any troubleshooting?

1.B1440-58 first step change ISM ignition switch module cheap on Ebay and easy to swap over.

2.C075B-03 WIS states a problem with one of the TPMS troubleshooting involves blowing the tyres up and then
monitoring to see which corner has the problem...then replace.
Other options disable TPMS as they are usually more trouble than they are worth imho.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Agree with the above.... change the ignition switch ISM. They are plug and play. A bit fiddly to fit unless you are used to dismantling interior trim but possible for the basic home DIYer

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.