Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I`ve just bought a Saab 9-3 1.9 TiD 120 bhp (2007).
Trouble is when left for about 3 hours or more it really struggles to start!
I took it a garage which has all the modern hi-tech diagnostic equipment and it was there for 5 weeks!! They were reluctant to give it back without fixing the problem as they were worried their reputation would be tainted.
Anyway I`ve had it back now and at first the car started a lot better, although not perfect, but now it`s got worse again after only a week.
Since I`ve had this car I`ve had new glow plugs, new battery, new alternator, new No.1 injector, the injector seals have all been checked for "leak back", new EGR valve and the DPF regenerated.
I was getting onto the motorway yesterday on a sliproad which goes round a nasty left bend and the thing went into limp mode and cut out!
I`m really at a loss here, never owned a Saab before and really want to like it as it`s a lovely car to drive but getting it to go is being a right pain! :(
Starting to think about selling the bloody thing now and steering clear of Saab`s unless I can get this problem sorted.
Thanks for your time if you have any thoughts.....
Beanie :confused:

·
Registered
221 Posts
THer is a post on this site and the fella changed everything but in the end it was the starter motor not turning the engine quick enougth so changed starter motor and no problems

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah I read that, looks like that`s the only thing I haven`t tried so far.
Maybe I`ll try that....when the the engine is cold it does seem to be struggling more, perhaps the motor isn`t as efficient when cold.

·
Registered
89 Posts
If it went into limp home mode and cut out on a bend, do you not think it could be the fuel pickup getting clogged up/starved ?

Also just because you have changed 1 injector dont expect the others to last any longer (they all do the same amount of work remember) , My volvo D60 wouldnt start and it turned out to be an injector, changed it then two weeks later another went.

Hope you sort it anyway matey

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks mate,
I`ll try the starter motor next as that`s what 2 others on similar thread found successful, failing that I`ll get a second opinion on the other injectors.
Will post the results by next week hopefully ;)

·
Registered
221 Posts
Thanks mate,
I`ll try the starter motor next as that`s what 2 others on similar thread found successful, failing that I`ll get a second opinion on the other injectors.
Will post the results by next week hopefully ;)
Try Euro car part on line and then enter code NEWCP25 25% discount!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Most important of all no matter what the result let us know how you get on

1 - 11 of 11 Posts