Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I`ve just bought a Saab 9-3 1.9 TiD 120 bhp (2007).
Trouble is when left for about 3 hours or more it really struggles to start!
I took it a garage which has all the modern hi-tech diagnostic equipment and it was there for 5 weeks!! They were reluctant to give it back without fixing the problem as they were worried their reputation would be tainted.
Anyway I`ve had it back now and at first the car started a lot better, although not perfect, but now it`s got worse again after only a week.
Since I`ve had this car I`ve had new glow plugs, new battery, new alternator, new No.1 injector, the injector seals have all been checked for "leak back", new EGR valve and the DPF regenerated.
I was getting onto the motorway yesterday on a sliproad which goes round a nasty left bend and the thing went into limp mode and cut out!
I`m really at a loss here, never owned a Saab before and really want to like it as it`s a lovely car to drive but getting it to go is being a right pain! :(
Starting to think about selling the bloody thing now and steering clear of Saab`s unless I can get this problem sorted.
Thanks for your time if you have any thoughts.....
Beanie :confused:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah I read that, looks like that`s the only thing I haven`t tried so far.
Maybe I`ll try that....when the the engine is cold it does seem to be struggling more, perhaps the motor isn`t as efficient when cold.

·
Registered
89 Posts
If it went into limp home mode and cut out on a bend, do you not think it could be the fuel pickup getting clogged up/starved ?

Also just because you have changed 1 injector dont expect the others to last any longer (they all do the same amount of work remember) , My volvo D60 wouldnt start and it turned out to be an injector, changed it then two weeks later another went.

Hope you sort it anyway matey

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks mate,
I`ll try the starter motor next as that`s what 2 others on similar thread found successful, failing that I`ll get a second opinion on the other injectors.
Will post the results by next week hopefully ;)

·
Registered
221 Posts
Thanks mate,
I`ll try the starter motor next as that`s what 2 others on similar thread found successful, failing that I`ll get a second opinion on the other injectors.
Will post the results by next week hopefully ;)
Try Euro car part on line and then enter code NEWCP25 25% discount!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Most important of all no matter what the result let us know how you get on

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.