Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My son had my 2007 9-3 convertible yesterday. He went to get food and when he came out the fob wouldn't work. He couldn't even open the car and the manual key did not open it. So, he was locked out. Tried new 2032 battery to no avail. Finally called AAA (in Virginia) and they came and opened the door for him. Once he put the key in the ignition (the stupid Saab ignition, which has already been replaced once) things reset (the alarm did go on when they opened the door). Other threads said to disconnect the battery for 30 minutes to reset. However, if you can't get into the car you can't open the hood. So this is a problem. Anyone have thoughts on this?

·
Registered
12 Posts
I had similiar issue with my 93.
Found on youtube that insering the internsl key in passenger door and turning ot a few times can reset locking.
Hope this helps

·
Super Moderator
3,017 Posts
Hello wswail
Unfortunately if the blade key will not turn it the lock barrel then you are stuffed like a turkey .
But first thing would be to apply some lubricant to the lock barrel and work the key in and out to see if the key will start to turn
That's as long as you know the blade key is for that car and it has not had the door lock barrel changed or something weird.
At least then if it happens again you can manually get in .
By replacing the battery like you did it scrambles the rolling code on the RF .so it will not work .
Once in just put fob in the ISM to silent the alarm and start the car .
To re-sync the fob just put it in the ISM for 10 seconds without turning it
And repeat with anymore you have .

1 - 3 of 3 Posts