Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there

I've just upgraded my single CD player (dash mounted - just below the digital air-con unit in my 2005 9-3 Vector), to a 6 CD multi-changer (the model that looks the same, but has 6 buttons beneath the CD slot) which I got from a breaker car the other day.

I can tell that it is connected properly, as when I push on button 1 or 2 on the multichanger unit, I can hear "whirrings" inside it, but nothing actually happens. I cannot insert disc as there appears to be an internal flap that blocks getting a disc in. When I select "CD" on the control unit at the top of the dash, it just reports "NO CD".

Does this new mutli-changer need to be activated with a Tech2? Or is it more likely that the unit is just faulty? (which would be desperatly annoying!) - the single CD unit that I removed works perfectly... or is there anything else I should be doing?

Many thanks in advance for any replies.

· Premium Member
5,152 Posts
yes if you're going from a single to a multi is does need to be programmed to the system with tech2.

if you were swap like for like no need..

· Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Bugger - thanks aerojon. Won't need to get to the mechanic for a few months yet....

Just one quick extra check - what I did, was to remove the single CD player unit, and slotted in the 6 disc multi-changer that I've added the picture of below. Like for like effectively, however, I was just wondering whether there are any other hidden parts of the kit that I should have removed - I ask specifically as I noticed a small (ish) just smaller than DIN size silver box sitting just about the CD player unit and partially behind where the digital air-con control unit is. I don't need this also do I?

I only ask, as I'll need to get to the breaker to get it before the car gets crushed!!!

Attachments

· Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Deano - so to double and triple confirm... The "brain" (hidden silver DIN unit) is compatible with both the single CD player unit, as well as the 6 CD multi-changer?

... apols, just checking! Lol

· Retired Administrator
2,216 Posts
No probs :)

Yes it will be fine just need to have the Tech 2 to remove the Single CD and install the Multi CD.

The EHU is the same in all models I belive it is just the add ons which connect in the optical loop which make up the upgrades.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts