Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, had my saab for about six months starting to add a few things now, BSR Optiflow and 19" Lenso S73's. next will be all pipes inside engine in red, black window tints, then going for full stainless with sports cat and manifold after a bit of overtime :) let me know what you think cheers lads.
photo.jpg

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys! Yes was thinking about coilovers In your opinion which brand would be the best for the money?

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Right so I'm looking at coils for my own car. Saab coils are around the £600 mark, whereas vectra C coils are £200. They do the same job, basically same car, same underpinnings. Rear shortened vectra shocks won't fit but buy separate Saab ones or use your original ones

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sounds like a plan, so the vectra ones will fit, except the rears does it really matter if
I use the standard ones?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hi guys, haven't lowered it yet gonna buy some insignia coils tomorrow, any idea what year insignia coils will fit my car? Also bought and fitted black grill let me know what you think. image.jpg

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Vectra c's don't fit the back with out changing the thread on the top, it has been said that insignia coilovers do actually fit the back mount just wondering if anyone knew what year insignia is the correct for 2006 saab much appreciated

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hey fab, sorry for the late reply just moved house/got married in the same week.. Didn't go for the insignias in the end just got the vectra c and just left the back on the standard shocks sits well low enough like that.
Anyone else on here from bristol area? See a few saabs around without 60+ year old drivers.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hey guys, haven't been on for a while some doughnut 80 year old tool with thick glasses hearing aids and a flat cap smashed up the back 1/4 of my Saab and trying to say it wasn't his fault 'face palm' lol but it's been fixed now and to celebrate had a cat back longlife exhaust made up loving the sound of it, on tick over a lovely low sound (so low that the iPhone doesn't have enough bass to even hear it running lol ) below are pics of the damage before and after and the new pipe, wanted something to fill a bit more of the back cut out. ( the damage was £2100 )

Attachments

1 - 18 of 18 Posts