Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought I'd start this string for a bit of fun.

Not wanting to part with my 1991 9000 CSE 2.3 turbo 176k, and yet needing the space and versatility of a 4x4 for lugging goods and people about, I decided on a compromise, and my partner jumped at the chance to take 'Svenena' on in place of her Fiesta 1.8 Diesel, while I purchased an Explorer - which does the job - and at least we can both now have the fun comfort etc... that 'Svenena' offers

In the absence of Saab venturing into the 4x4, Sports Utility Vehicle market, what do you think that a great Saab fan, like myself, should drive instead?

·
Registered
14,305 Posts
Originally posted by Andy Bowles:
[qb]Jason/
That wasnt a "bit of fun" answer, not sure that's was what Zaphod had in mind.
Anyway, Discovery's dont have improbability drives !![/qb][/b]
Oh, I don't know... after all Discoverys DO have a reputation for being unreliable and expensive to maintain... hence the improbability is likened to the chance of you getting to your destination...

Failing that, how about a trans-am steam train (it was the first other mode of transport I cpoudl think of that is designed to resist errant cattle impact...)

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
 In the absence of Saab venturing into the 4x4, Sports Utility Vehicle market, what do you think that a great Saab fan, like myself, should drive instead?  [/b]
Ahh ha!
Us informed readers of the Sept/Oct issue of the Saab Owners Club (SOC) 'Driver' Magazine know that Saab are going to venture forth into the 4x4 market. So a Saab 9-3X should be right up your street Zaphod!

Can't get you a picture, but the following info is from the Driver..:
'An off road Saab? Such a vehicle has yet to go into production but one will come in the next few years in response to demand in N-America... As a guide to that car the 9-3X is only a hint, because the first production off roader will be a 'crossover' version of the 9-5.

Some specs for the 9-3X concept car are as follows:

2.8 V6 turbo.
280BHP, 295 lbft torque
5 speed semi auto box
245/40/20 tyres all round (as opposed to square, eh!)
l: 4.35, w: 1.826, height: 1.5 meters
0 - 62mph = 6.2 seconds
Top speed = 155mph

As I said, right up your street matey! You'll definately be spaced out and in orbit with that one!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts