Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
3,892 Posts
Hmmmn.......
Noticed it's got the only recently released Abbot Racing rear strut brace fitted, and Abbott instrument faces, I guess everything is Abbott Racing mods as well....360hp, I though only Maptun/Trollspeed had reached that figure.
Obviously the spec wasn't written by someone with any Saab knowledge, 'Metallic Black','Recaro seats'....I think not

·
Registered
3,892 Posts
Looking at it again, I'm not convinced it is 360hp, as only 'extra' above standard Abbott mods (260-270hp) appears to be the water & methonal(!?!?) injection. To get 366hp out of their project 9000, Maptun had to use a changed hybrid turbo unit as well as modified camshafts etc.
Might be a case of someone trying to pull the wool over some unsuspecting buyers eyes...perhaps?

·
Registered
4,895 Posts
Quite, I didn't think that > 280bhp was acheivable without upgrading the turbo unit.

Didn't someone on this board put down a post in which they explained that they had "over-insured" an Abbottised car only to find out it didn't have 1/2 the mods it was sold with?

·
Registered
776 Posts
mpen/.
Yes, I would be interested in his reply, in fact could you maybe see if you could get a sensible answer as to how he would breakdown the extra BHP against specific mods.
Mine is only 260BHP, but I could give you breakdown to exact BHP ( on paper of course, e.g: ABBOTT Mods with their website quoted figures) 40BHP for Trionic, and another 20BHP for other minor bits.
Also, very strange to be selling it on e-bay, if it is a completely sincere car, I would have thought it could be snapped up for a good price in SAAB circles, you would think the owner would be fully aware of the "SAAB THING" having owned a car like that for any length of time.
On ebay, you don't even get the opportunity to test drive do you, so another worry?

Cheers,
Andy.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well I don't know what to make of this one,the guy has a web site with the car on

mdwracing.com

You are right I cannot see it being 360 bhp but it has just about everything Abbott produce, go and see the pictures at his site.

Why would someone spend so much and then off load it so quickly??

strange

Mark

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
Just looked at the photo of the dashboard on that site. The revs are at 5k, the speedo's gone off the scale but the boost is mid orange and the engine is barely warm. Is it me or is that odd? Oh and he says he took the picture while driving. Here comes a treeeee....

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well I think If I had seen that before I bought my bike, I would of been very tempted.......no no no Mark stop it......it looks,and on paper sounds a bargin..

But we have a few people on here that have bought cars off Ebay before.

Maybe we are being to skeptical......maybe its a genuine one (for a change)

it's sunny, going for a ride on my bike to get rid of these silly thoughts

·
Registered
5,925 Posts
mpen - thanks for that. I've already looked at the said monster which has me foaming at the mouth - I'm now dying to see what the price is up to on ebay. (I'll sell the Mrs - keep the Carly, and buy the Aero monster!)

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
Nice one Kevin, now there's a man with a taste for living dangerously.

On another note, I've been trying to work out what the standard TD04 turbo is capable of. No success yet. Will keep you posted.
Nick.
PS. Anyone thought of ringing Abbott and asking?
PPS. I'll be on the phone then.

·
Registered
231 Posts
I'm no expert, but 360bhp on standard wheels?

The dashboard photo looks seriously fake to me.. Does the back plate on a 9000 fade to lighter grey around the rev counter (not to mention a nice dip on the edge!).

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
Hmm, no answers forthcoming from Abbott when I rang.
Said they were busy, and would call, but that was Friday (and I've got an answerphone, if they called back while I was out.) Shame, would have liked to talk about upgrades to my Aero.

However, Maptun in Sweden use a uprated TD04-18 to go over 275bhp. So 360 bhp on a standard TD04 looks dodgy even with water injection as added inter-cooling. Looking at flow maps for TD04's I don't think they have the capacity.
Nick.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
The seller of 'The Beast' has added that all the work still has 12 months warranty and the tuning cost over £10.000.00.

I think 360 BHP is the guys guess, I bet its not a million miles away from that........I would love to try it to find out

...............wonder if he takes Barclaycard !!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.