Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
14,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wahey! My Maptun Stage 5 ECU plus injectors has turned up this morning 350hp and 510NM??

And I will have time to fit them before tomorrow's SSc meet! Drives will be chargeable at petrol cost!!

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Bloody hell

Better get your clear side repeaters ceramic coated to prevent them melting on re-entry

Have fun! (Like it would be possible not to
)

·
Registered
14,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Originally posted by BillJ:
[qb]Bagsy a ride!  
 [/qb][/b]
An excellent opportunity I reckon to compare the relative benefits of extra horses vs lower final drive ratio methinks.

I'm sloping off work early to go fit it...

Tyres? Don't torque to me about tyres

Oh, and I pick up the T16s tonight. Joy all round!

·
Registered
8,216 Posts
Originally posted by Bubbles (fka Mark E):
[qb]An excellent opportunity I reckon to compare the relative benefits of extra horses vs lower final drive ratio methinks.[/qb][/b]
I'd better get cracking and sort out my boost, then. It's only just clearing the top of the red at the moment, but I have all evening to sort it out. Gapped the plugs (no change), and just happen to have a spare car with a DI cassette in it, so...

·
Registered
203 Posts
What's that strange smell...Burning clutch I think

(Envy is only one of the seven deadly sins, I am still working on the other six)

How much for the stage 5 Mark, and do you get anything else apart from injectors and an ecu?

·
Registered
4,215 Posts
350 pah
i'll raise you 400 and a lowerfinal drive..
retires to think of instant money making schemes involving masks and stipey jumpers...your not listening eh millplod ?

·
Registered
14,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well, they're in... but I've not hit take off yet!!

I've been having problmes with Tech 2 reporting long term air fuel mix too lean. Take it out, clear codes, drive it hard, no codes but as soon as I start up again, up pops p0171...

I'll email Johnny and see what he reckons.

So, how does it drive. Veeerrrryyy smooth actually. So smooth in fact that it actually feels slower than the old set up
, which used to overshoot then pull back on boost. This just builds it up, peaking at the moment circa 1.6bar (that's the boost needle about 5 degrees off being horizontal
, and almost in the top of the fuel gauge
). It also seems to hold that level of boost higher up too.

I've got the base boost set about 0.4bar, just a touch lower than recommended by Johnny (0.45bar) but that does seem low to me.

It may feel slow but on the "test" road it comfortably hit 5mph quicker than previous bests.

It also seems to be able to unstick the tyres in second gear when exiting roundabouts more easily- no mean feat with the LSD.

I suspect it's going to take me a few weeks to get it fully settled, and then I'll book it into the rolling road.

The other plus side is that it's cured the kangaroo petrol like symptoms I was having trying to hold a steady speed at about 1700-1800rpm.

Liam, I've paid about £650 for the injectors and ECU, but already have:

Free flow intercooler
Free flow air filter
Free flow exhaust
Uprated turbo and actuator

(not forgetting water injection either!)

The full stage 5 kit from Maptun is somewhere in the region of £3k5 IIRC.

Independent reviews will no doubt be available after tomorrow!

·
Registered
661 Posts
Perhaps Mark you can show us you hard work at the Power Engineering dyno day im organising on Saturday 22nd march??
Power Engineering day

Are you bringing the T16 as well tomorrow??, ill let you compare yours with mine..
Ooohhh Err

Pete.

·
Registered
14,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well, I'd like to Pete but unfortunately I shall be attending to the (IMHO) more worthy cause of helping BillJ to whup some flash cars at Castle Coombe.

All things being well, the gf is going to drive the T16s down tomorrow whilst I bring Bubbles...

·
Registered
202 Posts
Originally posted by Bubbles (fka Mark E):
[qb]Wahey! My Maptun Stage 5 ECU plus injectors has turned up this morning 350hp and 510NM??      :fawlty:        :fawlty:        :fawlty:        :fawlty:      
[/qb][/b]
350 bhp

Do you have to have a specially adapted seat to accommodate your extra-large erm... manly marbles?

(Can I say that? - Apologies if it's not allowed).

Looking forward to seeing it one day! (Emergency edit: The car not the marbles!)

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
I'd love to know what the motoring journos who are often surprised to find they can actually steer a FWD car with 200+ hp in the direction they want to go without being thrown off the road, would say about some of our cars...

1 - 20 of 26 Posts