Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking about fitting my 9-3 with a 3" JT system. I have the normal bumpers, but I would like to fit the double tailpipe which is normally intended for the aero/viggen.

Does anyone know if the double tailpipe can be easily adjusted to fit the normal bumpers.

p.s. pic would be nice

·
Registered
563 Posts
A JT for the 9-3 has a seperate tailpipe, which is clamped onto the rear muffler.

It looks like the one for the Viggen has the twin tailpipe welded to the muffler.

On a Viggen the endtip sits a bit more to the centre of the car. In an attempt to make the normal 900/9-3 JT fit the Viggenbumpers on my car, we turned the muffler 180'(upside down), so the exit sits on the right side. On the intakeside of the muffler the tube was now pointing the wrong way, so it had to be cut of and welded back on in the right position.
The same thing could be done to make a Viggen spec JT fit normal 9-3 bumpers. I'm not sure if it will be a perfect fit.

The guys at Exhaust Power Supply can make almost any custom endtip you'd like. I've been there twice to have an exhaust made and their skills are

1 - 2 of 2 Posts