Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been toying with the idea of a 3.0 V6 track car and i am wondering if the turbo of the 9-5 V6 would fit the 9000, i know Regal do a turbo for the Vectra and i am thinking of doing something different for a change, i think the max i would get out of the 3.0 by normal tuning means would be about 265bhp according to Courtney sports so this is why i am looking to a lpt instalation, so if anyone has any experience of the turbo instalation in the 9-5, any info would be great fully received.

·
Registered
30 Posts
hmm had to fix a number of conversions, the main issue you will have is cooling. there are a couple of hot spots in the n/a v6 (melted your wiring loom yet?) and this is just made 10 times worse by blowing it. 99% of the conversions ignore this and they arent very well done imo.
for the track why go so heavy? i dont think its the right choice tbh, you could easily plonk a 2.0 in with decent turbo and management that would outperform a similar powered v6 in the same chassis.
of course if you plan to seriously look and modifying the whole car then thats ok - for example my mates putting an ls2 into a spaceframe manta and he went through a few v6 choices of engine before biting the ls2 bullet as they were all quite suitable to the way he was setting up the weight distribution...it was also rwd of course!
at the risk of sounding boring go for a 2 litre, its been done lots of times with success. but if you must, i would personally go for a high revving TBd v6, great engines, high cost tho which is always going to be a stumbling block

1 - 2 of 2 Posts