Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
613 Posts
Saw something similar for sale through a US site, the Turbonator or some such. Basically just a vortex device......technically a sound principle, but still sounds dubious to me......

·
Registered
136 Posts
Why pay $4 when you can get the resistors from any hardware/electronics store for a few pennies.

I saw a website a while back that actually tested the Surbo. They had pictures and it looked like total [expletive deleted], like a cut and bent soda can. They used a G-Tech to measure performance but they did several runs which were consistent. The only thing that Surbo did was block the intake and decrease performance through out the entire RPM range.

My motto for stuff like this is that if there was a cheap and easy fix to improve your vehicle then the manufacturer would have already done it.

Eric

·
Registered
6,531 Posts
Originally posted by ERP:
[qb]I saw a website a while back that actually tested the Surbo. They had pictures and it looked like total [expletive deleted], like a cut and bent soda can. They used a G-Tech to measure performance but they did several runs which were consistent. The only thing that Surbo did was block the intake and decrease performance through out the entire RPM range.
[/qb][/b]
Eric, Don't suppose you've still got a link to that site?
Got a friend who appears to be getting 'sucked in' by surbo and the ilk... needs educating..
Although he did suggest I put it on my car.... oohh me ribs!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts