Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Esteemed Saab collective,

I have a UK spec 2011 TTiD Linear convertible that I have had from new, as it is ageing it is starting to throw up some curious electrical issues (at least I think they are electrical).

I am sure these will have been covered way before I joined the group yesterday but I hope you will bare with me.

The first problem I am getting is the Drivers door fails to lock using the remote, the alarm still arms, and has cought me out a few times but at least I know it works ;), and the window functions correctly as does the folding mirror. What diagnostics could I do to try and identify the fault? I do have a code reader but it is not detecting any issues, also the self check the car does prior to starting always reports OK. I have read that I will need to replace the door lock entirely, is this correct? This issue does seem to seasonal as well, only happening in the winter months.

The next problem I have is the horn. Due to the fact I am a careful driver (yeh! right) I rarely require to express my displeasure with the poor driving of other road users, however when that rare occasion arises you can imaging my frustration that when I bang the steering wheel all I hear is the thud of my hands on the wheel. Bugger! I am sure it is only a dirty contact on the horn mechanism but I am unsure of how to access it and I am reluctant to tamper with the air bag. Can anyone suggest a solution that I can try? Or explain to me how I can remove the centre of the steering wheel (where the air bag is) so that I can access it. I have done the 'normal' things like checking the fuse and I have even directly powered the horn and it works very well, which is why I believe the steering wheel contacts are most likely to be at fault.

I look forward to reading your sage advice.

Kindest regards,

Daz H.

·
Super Moderator
3,072 Posts
Airbag removal see below , of course safety first , ( don't leave your key in the ignition )
Remove both terminals on battery , and leave for 10-20 mins .
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=TzJW3A1SvFg.
As for door lock failure seems to be a bit of a common issue , you could try removing the multi plug in the door frame make sure no connections are corroded .
If you can remove door panel make sure there's no water ingress and check connections in that area .

·
Premium Member
5,133 Posts
Welcome,the door will more than likely be the actuator starting to fail...did the horn work at the last MOT..have you checked the fuse..

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the responses guys.

The horn must of worked at the last MOT as it passed! I have not had to us it this year but the fuse is still good.

I will watch the youtube Video once I get home, my work system won't allow anything useful to come through. I was surprised it allowed me onto this site.

Chin, chin.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.